Ankylosing Spondylitis is a type of arthritis that usually affects the spine with other joints as well. It majorly causes the inflammation of spinal joints which leads to severe pain and chronic discomfort in advanced cases but not in every case. Life insurance policy is important to get if one is suffering from this disease, to secure the future of loved ones and beneficiaries.
Getting life insurance
There are three possibilities for gaining this life insurance policy which is as under.
- If you are at the early stage of the disease, meaning that disease showed limited factors of influencing the person’s health. These minor issues can be treated with medicine as well, then you can get life insurance easily at standard rates
- If you have moderate symptoms of the disease, then you can get a life insurance policy with a higher rate of premium. A life insurance company has a concern regarding your health.
- The last possibility is the worst, in which a person has a disability of performing daily life tasks due to disease. In such cases usually, companies don’t provide insurance, but if a person can perform the basic task because of medication then the insurance company may provide one with a high premium rate.
Information that insurance company may need
Insurance companies may ask you the following:
- What was your age when you were first diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis?
- What is the location of Ankylosing Spondylitis in your body (spine, shoulders, hips, pelvis, etc.)?
- Which symptoms of disease affected you most?
- Which medication or treatment you had for your condition?
- Which disabilities are you suffering because of your condition?
Ankylosing spondylitis is a disease that gets worse over time and these factors are certainly important because a person is at high risk because of the disease. If a person has other health problems in addition to AS, these factors are taken into account as the person’s overall medical profile is considered. Criminal records and current medical requirements, blood, and urine testing are required.
We would recommend you to talk to one of our advisers for life insurance quotes.
Any quote that your adviser provides you with will take into account your circumstances, your medical history, as well as your budget!
Call 011-3733-4610 – Monday to Thursday from 11.00 to 19.00 and on Friday between 11.00 and 16.00