Anorexia is a major mental health issue in which people usually have a misrepresented image of their bodies and weight. They want to keep their body weight low because they feel too fat or not well-shaped. This condition can last several years and have a serious impact on the body, sometimes leading to infertility, heart problems etc. Mental health conditions such as Anorexia can have various effects on life insurance applications, depending on the severity of your condition and its cause.
Applying for life insurance with Anorexia:
Anorexia is a very serious condition. Knowing the fact that everyone is individual and the condition differs considerably from one person to the other. While applying for life insurance with anorexia, providers will want to know as many details as possible about your condition. Generally they will ask you:
- What your lowest weight has been? And how long it has been since you were that weight?
- Your current BMI?
- Whether you have ever thought of self-harm or been hospitalized?
- Whether or not you’ve ever needed support from a professional health team or a psychiatrist? And if yes, details regarding your treatments and medication taken?
Your answers will help the insurer to determine the rate of your premiums.
How much will it cost?
The cost of your premiums for anorexia life insurance will partially depend on the answers to the above question and the impact of anorexia on your life and health condition but it will also be based on:
- Sum assured during the start of the policy.
- Term (years) of cover you’ve chosen
- Type of policy you’ve chosen (e.g. Family, Mortgage, Whole of Life etc.).
Cost of non-standard (increased premium) cover for Anorexia life insurance will vary from one insurer to another depending on their terms and conditions. Every company has their guidelines which will also change over time, so it can be burdensome to predict unless you speak to them.
We would recommend you to talk to one of our advisers for life insurance quotes.
Any quote that your adviser provides you with will take into account your circumstances, your medical history, as well as your budget!
Call 011-3733-4610 – Monday to Thursday from 11.00 to 19.00 and on Friday between 11.00 and 16.00