An autoimmune disorder is a medical disorder caused when the body’s immunity system wrongly harms the body cells.
Usually, when a foreign body or harmful cells enter your body the immunity system can tell the difference between your body cells and harmful substances that have entered the body and sends out antibodies to particularly fight the foreign cells. However, in the case of autoimmune diseases, the system cannot differentiate between the cells and ends up attacking healthy cells.
There are more than 80 types of autoimmune diseases out of which 14 are very common.
Life Insurance and Autoimmune disorders
Since the autoimmune disorders are largely varied and differ in terms of severity, complexity and even treatment, the insurance companies don’t follow a particular formula while dealing with clients who have a history or continue to suffer from autoimmune disorders.
The insurance agent will specifically look into your history with an autoimmune condition.
Following are some of the details he or she might ask you
- The specifications of your particular autoimmune disorder
- Any lifestyle changes you have had to make to deal with your condition
- The present state of your disorder, how well you have managed it
- The type of treatment or medication (if any) you are prescribed for your condition
- Any additional complications that are associated with your particular case of autoimmune disorder
- Information of any professional assistance or admission to a medical facility concerning your autoimmune disorder
Other factors that affect your premium rates are :
- Your age
- The level of cover you desire
- Your BMI value
- Your family medical history
- Your medical history (excluding autoimmune disorders)
The overall availability and cost of life insurance for patients suffering from autoimmune conditions depend on a lot of case-specific factors and the only way to determine the cost of your particular choice of insurance with your particular autoimmune condition would be to talk to our insurance representative directly.
We would recommend you to talk to one of our advisers for life insurance quotes.
Any quote that your adviser provides you with will take into account your circumstances, your medical history, as well as your budget!
Call 011-3733-4610 – Monday to Thursday from 11.00 to 19.00 and on Friday between 11.00 and 16.00