Fire Service is no doubt considered as a high-risk occupation and there several risks involved with fire service that could result in several insurance underwriters to accept insurance applications under non-standard rates of interest which results in an increased premium or results in policy exclusions. Working as a fire service person usually involves the following:
- Working at heights
- Being exposed to hazardous or explosive materials during your work hours
- Travelling to locations of high risk
Due to this, the fire service persons are classified as high risk and the insurance offer will vary and depend on a lot of factors such as the type of cover you need and your other circumstance.
Life Insurance and Fire Service
Despite being a high-risk scenario, there are a lot of circumstances in which the life insurance for Fire Service personnel have been made available under standard terms and conditions, which means that the threats or risks involved with your occupation are overlooked while considering your application. This is mainly because occupation hazards do not necessarily always result in a loss of life.
There is, however, extensive underwriting conducted to make sure the life insurance company are fully aware of all details and risks involved in providing you with life insurance.
The insurance agent will ask a couple of questions relative to your occupation and will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- The details of your role in the fire service.
- The number of years you have been in this particular profession
- If your role involves you working at great heights
- If your role involves your operating dangerous machinery or hazardous substances
Other general factors affect the cost of your insurance, which are:
- The cover amount of the insurance policy.
- The term or duration of the insurance policy
- The type of insurance policy
It is advised that you read all policy-related documents carefully and thoroughly.
We would recommend you to talk to one of our advisers for life insurance quotes.
Any quote that your adviser provides you with will take into account your circumstances, your medical history, as well as your budget!
Call 011-3733-4610 – Monday to Thursday from 11.00 to 19.00 and on Friday between 11.00 and 16.00