Can you get life insurance after being diagnosed with gout?
A simple answer to this question is yes! If you have been diagnosed with gout, you can qualify for different types of life insurance including traditional term or whole life insurance.
- Gout is not regarded as a “life-threatening” health condition,
- When the condition is left untreated or it is not managed in the right way, it has been proven in studies that gout can lead to some serious medical conditions later in life.
Before getting approval of life insurance, one must expect to deal with some important questions. This is a standard process that enables the insurer to understand the exact status of your health and then, find the right policy to fit your needs.
Some questions include:
- When did you face the first gout attack?
- How often do attacks occur?
- Have you ever been hospitalized due to this condition?
- Do you have any kind of infection?
- Have you experienced any attack in the last 12 months?
Gout attacks along with poor health management can lead to serious consequences and hence, there is a risk involved. This is the main reason why life insurance provider would like to take a close look at your medical history and your current health condition.
The insurer may also be interested to know if you have any secondary condition associated with gout. You must provide the insurer with the right details about your health.
Apply for life insurance with the right guidance!
If you are someone who is suffering from gout and looking for life insurance, our experts would love to guide you and help in every step of the way. Let’s discuss so that we can find the right policy for you!
We would recommend you to talk to one of our advisers for life insurance quotes.
Any quote that your adviser provides you with will take into account your circumstances, your medical history, as well as your budget!
Call 011-3733-4610 – Monday to Thursday from 11.00 to 19.00 and on Friday between 11.00 and 16.00