Do you want to know how many claims did Legal and General payout in 2019?
- Legal & General (L&G) paid out a total of £731m worth of claims in 2019. Claims paid across life, critical illness, terminal illness, and income protection policies.
- It has benefitted more than 15,000 UK customers and their families from individual cover as the insurer paid out the equivalent of just over £2m per day.
- The figures raise the total amount the insurance company has paid in individual protection claims over the last five years to nearly £3 billion.
- L&G paid 97% of life insurance claims in 2019 – a total of around £392.4m across 10,721 pay-outs.
The average payout was £36,608 and the three main conditions that resulted in the claim were for:
- Cancer (37%)
- Heart-related diseases (18%)
- Respiratory illnesses (5%)
The insurer paid out £111.8m across 1,066 terminal illness claims in 2019 (95%).
Main conditions for the claim included
- Cancer diagnosis (94%)
- The average customer pay-out was £104,911.
Critical illness claims
- For critical illness (CI), it paid 92% of claims and a total of £224m across 3,351 policies.
- The average pay-out was £66,857.
The most common conditions were:
- Cancer (66%)
- Heart attacks (21%)
- Stroke (6%)
For children’s Critical illness cover, the insurer paid out more than £2.1m to 140 customers, representing 96%.
- The average pay-out was £15,182.
- Cancer was the cause behind the highest proportion (63%) of claims
- It was followed by child funeral benefit (14%), blindness (2%) and strokes (2%).
Income protection claims
- For income protection, L&G paid 93% of claims to 483 people.
The three key reasons for claims were:
- Musculoskeletal disorders (33%)
- Cancer (17%)
- Mental health (12%)
For more details about the claims paid, connect with our life insurance professionals
We would recommend you to talk to one of our advisers for life insurance quotes.
Any quote that your adviser provides you with will take into account your circumstances, your medical history, as well as your budget!
Call 011-3733-4610 – Monday to Thursday from 11.00 to 19.00 and on Friday between 11.00 and 16.00