Can you get life insurance with a blood clot and patent foramen ovale (PFO)?
When you apply for life insurance, various things are needed to be taken into account, and most important of all is whether you are eligible to get life insurance. It is a fact that your health condition matters a lot and it has an impact on your eligibility to get life insurance and if yes, so at what cost. Having blood clot and patent foramen ovale (PFO) is no different and your insurer would be interested to know about it before approving your life insurance!
Facts about life insurance with a blood clot and PFO
- A PFO is one of the most common types of heart defect that affects somewhere around 20-25% of the population.
- Having a Patent Foramen Ovale increases your risk for a stroke by up to 25%.
- Many people will have a PFO and they may never have a stroke.
- If you’ve had a cryptogenic stroke, which means one where the doctors have been unable to locate risk factors, a PFO may be the reason.
What information can be required by your insurer?
- Are you suffering from diabetes or high blood pressure?
- Do you smoke?
- What was the result of your recent cardiovascular test?
- How do you control and manage the condition?
- Do you have a history of stroke?
- How does this health condition affect your daily life?
Does PFO affect your ability to get life insurance?
Ultimately, it depends on the risk of stroke you are in, life insurance providers can ask for a report from your GP in severe cases.
Know more from life insurance experts!
To know more about life insurance with a blood clot and patent foramen ovale (PFO), get in touch with our experts.
We would recommend you to talk to one of our advisers for life insurance quotes.
Any quote that your adviser provides you with will take into account your circumstances, your medical history, as well as your budget!
Call 011-3733-4610 – Monday to Thursday from 11.00 to 19.00 and on Friday between 11.00 and 16.00