STATUS OF PEOPLE WITH HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND LIFE INSURANCE IN THE UK
Over 1-3RDof the UK, the population is living with high blood pressure, Most of the people are not even aware, But in the United Kingdom, high blood pressure has become a reason for around 62,000 deaths each year. Thus, high blood pressure and life insurance cases are common in the UK.
LIFE INSURANCE WITH HYPERTENSION
Getting life insurance with hypertension is very achievable and life insurance companies are always so much concerned since the condition poses a high risk to the insurance company. When applying for Life Insurance with Hypertension, always have the latest reading at your hand as Many times, more is added to the premiums by the insurers if you don’t include the reading which is known as loading.
WHAT ARE LIFE INSURANCE RATINGS?
- You will be offered with the lowest possible premium if you have read below 130/80 and you are below the age of 60.
- You will get Preferred Class if the readings are below 135/90 and they are maintained and controlled by medication.
- You will get a Standard rating if the readings don’t exceed 150/90 and are controlled by medication.
HOW DOES MAINTAINING GOOD CONTROL OF YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE HELPS IN INSURANCE
Insurers ask many general questions and how you maintain your blood pressure is one of the vital questions that need to be satisfied. They may ask about your GP. Thus, one should keep a few points in mind to maintain good control of their high blood pressure
- You should keep up with follow-ups and check-ups with your GP.
- Visit your doctor as often as possible
- Follow doctors’ advice regarding medication and treatment
- Make sure your medical records are updated regularly
You should not stop medication without the approval of the doctor as it can negatively impact your insurance application.
We would recommend you to talk to one of our advisers for life insurance quotes.
Any quote that your adviser provides you with will take into account your circumstances, your medical history, as well as your budget!
Call 011-3733-4610 – Monday to Thursday from 11.00 to 19.00 and on Friday between 11.00 and 16.00