Life insurance providers need to understand that there can be many reasons why someone could have a high BMI, no one wants to attack adverse health conditions. An individual’s BMI can be higher due to a natural tendency to carry weight, it can be due to some medical condition or when someone is too muscular. It is possible to get life insurance if you have a high BMI, here is what you need to know.
Facts about high BMI and income protection insurance
- High BMI can lead to other health conditions such as heart attacks, strokes, certain cancers or gastric surgery, hence income protection rules for life insurance can be strict.
- It is possible to get insurance on standard terms with a BMI score of up to 40, it will also depend on your age and your overall health.
- So if you find that your BMI is high, don’t worry, it is still possible to get life insurance.
- Your life insurance provider needs to understand about living with high BMI, high blood pressure or both. The insurer should take the time to understand your circumstances, and help you find the right policy.
When you apply for income protection, some basic details can be required!
- Your age
- Your weight
- Your height
- Your dress size or waist measurement
- If you have any secondary health condition
- How does a high BMI affect your daily life?
Most life insurance applications with high BMI are considered non-standard
Most of the life insurance providers will approve life insurance at non-standard terms if you have a high BMI. It can lead to an increase in premiums or cost of your life insurance. You can consult a specialist life insurance provider if your application has previously been rejected.
Consult experts about income protection and high BMI!
If you want to know about life insurance with high BMI, feel free to connect with our life insurance professionals, they will help you in every step of the way.
We would recommend you to talk to one of our advisers for life insurance quotes.
Any quote that your adviser provides you with will take into account your circumstances, your medical history, as well as your budget!
Call 011-3733-4610 – Monday to Thursday from 11.00 to 19.00 and on Friday between 11.00 and 16.00