Prostate cancer (also known as prostatic carcinoma) is cancer that develops in a man’s prostate. A prostate is a gland found in the between the bladder and the penis and just in front of the male rectum. It produces the seminal fluid that contains the sperm and transports them.
Symptoms of the condition include difficulty in urination but they do not show until cancer has already developed to an advance stage. Other symptoms include pain in the bones and other urinary problems.
Life insurance and Prostate Cancer
Life insurance for people suffering from prostate cancer can be availed at very attractive rates. However, the rates may vary from patient to patient and depend on a lot of factors.
Some of the factors are:
- The time of your diagnosis- this gives the underwriter an idea of the time frame of your medical condition.
- If you still have prostate cancer- the underwriter will ask you about your present standing with cancer and if you are still undergoing treatment or have completed your treatment and are cancer-free.
- The progress of cancer- if you are still undergoing treatment the insurers will ask you your present standing of the medical condition. If the cancer is of an advanced stage the insurers might offer insurance but at a very high rate of premium or may even decline the application.
- The type of medical treatment you underwent- certain medications or chemotherapy have counter effects on your body, therefore information about the type of treatment you underwent can have some effect on the insurance cost.
- Your last treatment details- details of the last chemotherapy or any other form of treatment has to be provided to the insurance company for reference.
We understand that talking about such a delicate medical condition can be challenging and might discourage you from obtaining life insurance, however, we assure you that the information is mostly required to assist you and that all information is strictly confidential and will not be shared with a third party.
We would recommend you to talk to one of our advisers for life insurance quotes.
Any quote that your adviser provides you with will take into account your circumstances, your medical history, as well as your budget!
Call 011-3733-4610 – Monday to Thursday from 11.00 to 19.00 and on Friday between 11.00 and 16.00