I have suffered a stroke. Can I get a life insurance policy?
- For people who have suffered a stroke can have a life insurance policy underwritten in favour of his condition depending on your health condition post the stroke and other underlying health issues.
- Kind of stroke suffered – Ischemic or haemorrhagic, and its after-effects may determine the chances of getting insurance.
- In some instances, the policy can be tailor-made with a higher premium to suit the applicant’s requirements.
- During application, a medical history report and other relevant documents need to be submitted.
What will it cost if I decide to take out a life insurance policy?
Going by the standard procedure followed by all insurance companies, the applicant needs to submit all relevant documents to help the insurance company assess the severity of the condition in terms of the health of the applicant.
While applying, you need to answer the following questions regarding your medical history, so that they can offer the best terms.
- How long back did you suffer the stroke?
- What was your age while you had the stroke?
- What was the cause of the stroke?
- What type of stroke did you have? – Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA), Ischaemic Stroke or Haemorrhagic Stroke?
- Do you have any persistent symptom – like speech issues, muscle weakness?
- Have you gone through any surgery?
- Is there any medication you are continuing?
- Do you have any physical disability caused by the stroke?
- Do you consume alcohol?
- Do you smoke?
- How frequently you measure your heart rate, ECG, etc.?
- Do you have diabetes?
- What is your BMI?
- Do you have any other close relative suffering from cardiovascular diseases?
What are the factors that affect my premiums?
The premiums of any standard life insurance policy typically depend on the following variables:
- The coverage tenure
- The sum of the coverage
- TType of the policy
Where to Reach?
To avail the best possible plan, please reach out to a trustworthy insurance agency, who can help you in making the most out of your investment!!
We would recommend you to talk to one of our advisers for life insurance quotes.
Any quote that your adviser provides you with will take into account your circumstances, your medical history, as well as your budget!
Call 011-3733-4610 – Monday to Thursday from 11.00 to 19.00 and on Friday between 11.00 and 16.00