Truck driving is a difficult job. Your busy schedule rarely gives you time to visit the doctor to have a routine check-up every once in a while resulting in weight gain, stress among other health issues. This is mainly one of the causes of why it would be difficult for truck drivers to obtain life insurance on basic rates.
Factors the rate of premium depends on:
- Heath- you will probably be required to undergo a medical examination and provide other documents mentioning your medical history.
- Family medical history- the underwriters will also want information about your family medical history to understand the risks included in providing you with a life insurance
- Criminal history-they will have a look at your driving history if you are charged with a felony etc.
- Build- they will want to have a look at your general physical build (how well suited are you for the job of a truck driver)
- Lifestyle- they will ask you questions related to your lifestyle if you practice any habits like smoking, excessive drinking, use of drugs, etc.
Life insurance options for truck drivers
There are two types of life insurance policies you can choose from:
- No Exam Coverage
In this type of cover, the insurers skip your medical examination which saves a lot of time. The insurance approval process is much faster and since no medical test is required you do not need to visit a doctor, this makes it easier for you considering your busy schedule.
The only downside of this type of life insurance is that the No Exam cover is more expensive as compared to the traditional cover and a high amount of cover amount is not offered under this type of policy.
- Traditional Cover
It requires you to take a medical exam as a pre-requisite for your insurance. You can get any cover amount you desire under this type of insurance and is in the same range of No Exam Cover if not cheaper.
A Traditional Cover is the more recommended insurance type for Truck Drivers.
Read all policy-related documents carefully.
We would recommend you to talk to one of our advisers for life insurance quotes.
Any quote that your adviser provides you with will take into account your circumstances, your medical history, as well as your budget!
Call 011-3733-4610 – Monday to Thursday from 11.00 to 19.00 and on Friday between 11.00 and 16.00